I have been a lover of makeup for many years! I have so much fun experimenting with new products and techniques and closely following all of my favorite beauty gurus on YouTube! One of my favorite things about makeup, which has become somewhat of a ritual, is doing my family’s makeup when we’re traveling! I enjoy getting in the extra practice and I really love seeing how happy they are with the results! Besides a few instances of mascara pokes and eyeshadow swatches in the eye (sorry momma) every session has been a success!
One product that I never seem to accumulate enough of is lipstick! After years of hoarding a million different (but the same) shades of lipstick, I found myself really struggling for the past few days to decide which 5 would make the cut of my all-time favorites. I wear lipstick almost every day, so comfort and longevity are my top 2 priorities when I’m looking for my next go-to color! Also, you must know that I have an obsession with nude lipstick. Almost every color in my collection is a variation of nude. However, I do have a berry awesome shade to share in my top 5, so to any of my bright and bold lipped friends, do not fret!
Spoiler: Look out for a post coming in a couple of months where I’ll be sharing my 5 favorite lipsticks for Summertime! Those will be very festive!
As for now, here are my Top 5 Favorite Lipsticks of all time!
[I’ll leave links for all shades down below!]
1. Bow n Arrow by Kat Von D- until very recently, I wore this shade almost every day for the past 2 years! This is hands-down my favorite lipstick ever! It stays in my purse at all times and I’ve almost emptied my second tube! It is a beautiful mauvey-nude color (of course) that is perfect for every day wear. And the best part is, it’s Kat Von D. Of every brand of liquid lipstick I have ever tried, her Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks are by far the most comfortable to wear and they last for hours! If you don’t have this color in your life, you’re missing out! This lipstick is $20 and well worth it!
2. Ludwig by Kat Von D- I’m telling you, Kat Von D is the best! Ludwig, which is a newly released nude shade in the Everlasting Liquid Lipstick collection has recently stolen my heart! It is THE PERFECT nude! It is a natural, beautiful pink that I have been searching for forever! This is also $20 and you can find it online or at your local Sephora!
3. Exposed by Kylie Cosmetics- This liquid lipstick is another favorite of mine that I had to mention! I’m also on my second tube of this one. Exposed is a warm beige color that I loved from the moment it came out! Kylie’s liquid lipsticks are definitely the most long lasting of all of the lipsticks I’ve tried. They are on the dry side, so one tip for applying these is to pat your lips with a napkin or your finger while the lipstick is still wet to take some of the excess product off. This will prevent the lipstick from feeling too dry and thick on your lips, which causes cracked lipstick (cringe)! It costs $17 for the lipstick by itself and $29 for the lip kit with a matching liner. I would suggest splurging for the kit because the Kylie lip liners are amazing and can be worn by themselves!
4. 1995 by Gerard Cosmetics- I am a huge fan of the 90’s grunge style, and this shade is the essence of 90’s Jennifer Aniston, which means it’s perfect. This deep berry-rose shade looks stunning on EVERYONE! It is a very comfortable hydra-matte liquid lipstick. The longevity of this one isn’t as great as my other favorites, but it’s not as drying and the color is beautiful! Plus, you can wear it any time of year! You can find this lipstick online for $20. I use Manny MUA’s discount code to get $$$ off! The code is: mannymua
5. Shy Girl by MAC Cosmetics- This is a gorgeous, peachy nude Creme Sheen lipstick that I have had in my makeup bag for so long!! Every single one of my beauty guru idols have gushed over this shade and for good reason! It is the perfect lipstick to reach for when you don’t want to wear anything too heavy on your lips and want a simple, pretty makeup look. It’s very moisturizing, sheer and natural, perfect for everyday! It is $17 online or at your nearest MAC store.
I hope you’ve enjoyed reading this post as much as I’ve enjoyed writing it, and hopefully I’ve helped you find your new favorite lipstick!
Let me know what your favorite lipstick is!!
Thanks for reading!!
Sweet Maddie Jane