“A library should not be without Shakespeare as a makeup bag should not be without bronzer.” -SMJ
Hello sweet readers!! For the latest edition of My 5 Favorites, I want to share some beauty products that I absolutely love and have repurchased time and time again! In the world of beauty, it can be overwhelming and sometimes frustrating to find products that work for you. The 5 gems that I am mentioning today were all discovered at long last after much trial and error (refer back to Madison circa 2011 for proof) and now I will never go without them!
1. Let’s start at the base. The magical elixir that is Estée Lauder Double Wear is to-this-day the best foundation I have ever tried (and I would venture to say that I have tried almost all of them). Having oily skin and occasional breakouts makes it especially hard to find a foundation that will look good for more than a few hours, and working outside during the summer and always being on the go, I don’t have time to touch up every 2-3 hours. Every time I try a new foundation, I always go back to the Double Wear. This foundation is not only full coverage, (you only need a tiny bit for your whole face) but it also lasts ALL DAY!! It has a matte finish and there is a very wide color selection so you can find the perfect match for your skin. My summer shade is “Ivory Beige” and my winter shade is “Desert Beige” for reference. I can not sing enough praises for this product! For $42, (It’s on sale for 15% off right now at Nordstrom!) I definitely recommend it to anyone who hasn’t yet found their foundation soulmate!
2. Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer has been a tried and true favorite of mine for a while! It is smooth, build-able and the perfect shade for my skin (not too orange, not too grey). This product has a matte finish, is long lasting and also comes in lighter (milk chocolate) and darker (dark chocolate) shades! It’s $30 and well worth it!
3. My most recent favorite and one that I am so excited to share is the Maybelline Master Chrome Metallic Highlighter! I have always been a fan of Becca highlighters, but when those kept crumbling in my clumsy care, I decided to search for a cheaper alternative and I am so glad that I did!! This highlighter is just as pigmented, if not more than high end products and the heavenly glow it gives you is absolutely beautiful! The color, although a little more gold, is comparable to Becca’s Champagne Pop and can be found at the drugstore for just $8!!
4. Another beauty favorite of mine is Kat Von D’s Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in “Ludwig”! I’ve mentioned this on the blog before in my 5 Favorite Lipsticks post, and it still holds true. Search no longer because this is the perfect nude lipstick! Not only is it the perfect “nude fawn” color, it is also long lasting! I am almost out of my first tube because it’s my go-to color almost every day, but I will always buy another of this $20 treasure!
5. Last but certainly not least is Becca’s Wild Honey Blush! This has become my very favorite blush because it’s perfect to wear every day (and any season). It is a muted peachy-nude that leaves beautiful, warm color on your cheeks! I’ve completely used one pan and just had to repurchase another! The first pan lasted over a year and I used it almost every day!! You can find it at Sephora or Ulta for $32.
I hope you all enjoyed this post!! Let me know if you try/have tried any of these products! What’s your must-have beauty product?? Thanks so much for reading!!
Sweet Maddie Jane